Thursday, July 30, 2015

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog!  This idea was inspired by one of my college roommates, Katelyn.  Katelyn just found out yesterday that she got a job teaching high school biology and physics (yayyyy!).  After in initial excitement, the panic came.  She was frantically texting me last night about what to expect.  I thought back to what I wish I knew when I was in my first year and, lemme tell ya, I would change almost everything about my first year if I could.  

I thought that my intensive five week TFA training program would prepare me for my new life as a 7th grade science teacher. LOLOLOLOLOL oh poor, naive me.  So, in order to help new teachers out there, some of my thoughts and advice.  Please take it with a grain of salt; while I am going in to my third year of teaching, it's one of those professions where you are constantly learning and growing.  AKA I am not an expert, nor will I ever claim to be.  So welcome to the crazy, wonderful world of teaching!  It will be one of the hardest but most rewarding things you will ever experience.  That, I can promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment